This is really, really belated, I know. However, I recently got into to maintaining my blog on a regular basis and I wanted to save this fun post for a time when I am nurturing my blog like a good blog mamma should. I also hadn’t been following many blogs at this point, so wanted to wait until I could pass this recognition onto some deserving bloggers 🙂
Anyways, back in January, I was selected by Becky at BEPCITY for the Liebster Award! She, like me, blogs about many different topics and experiences. Thanks for the award! What exactly is the Liebster Award? It’s an award given by a fellow blogger to up-and-coming bloggers with less than 200 followers. Also, did you know that “Liebster” means “dearest” in German? Interesting facts.
Here are the rules:
Share 11 facts about yourself.
Answer the awarder’s 11 questions.
Ask 11 questions of your own.
Nominate 11 bloggers.
Facts About Me!
1. I can’t wear adult size shoes. They aren’t made in my size! I think my feet stopped growing in elementary school and I currently wear a CHILDREN’S size 2/2.5. Even an adult size 4 (when you can find them, which is rare) doesn’t fit me! I find most of my shoes at Target…sometimes I can find shoes at this specialty small-footed person website called Cinderella of Boston.
2. I am half-Chinese and half-Caucasian (some sort of German/Scottish/English mutt). I’ve gotten asked “What are you?” ever since I can remember – some of the way off guesses…Hawaiian, Italian, Hispanic of some sort. Also, my dad is Chinese – most people assume it’s my mom.
3. The farthest I’ve traveled is to Vietnam. In total, I’ve been to 8 foreign countries. Wish it could be more!
4. I transferred colleges three times. I started at American University (freshmen year), then went to Virginia Commonwealth University (for one semester), and then The College of William & Mary for the rest of my college career. I’m so glad I ended up at W&M! Also, I only went to VCU for one semester because it was close to home and I missed the deadline to apply to W&M.
5. I’m addicted to Diet Coke. I can’t break the habit.
6. Growing up, I was a HUGE theatre kid. I spent five consecutive summers performing with a teen theatre company. I went to the same performing arts school Jason Mraz went to in Richmond. I did so much theatre in high school. Even though I didn’t major in theatre in college, I took two acting classes and I still try and fit the extracurricular theatre “thing” in whenever I can.
7. When it comes to food, I’ll try everything once. Like weird stuff. Like intestines and all the nasty bits. Part of growing up in a half-Chinese family, I guess!
8. When I was a little kid, I wanted to be a roller coaster designer. Too bad I suck at math…
9. I am a Delta Gamma!
10. I was a huge Alias fan in middle/high school. I didn’t want my parents to know I was watching it for like the first two seasons because it was somewhat violent, so I would always make up some lie that I was watching something else upstairs and they wouldn’t bother me. Then my mom found out I was watching it and she got equally as hooked on it! I’m currently re-watching all the seasons on DVD!
11. When my high school senior class voted for superlatives, I was voted the “most outspoken” and “most flirtatious” female. When we took pictures for the yearbook, I had to take the picture with my ex-high school boyfriend who got voted “most flirtatious” male, and who, at the time, I despised. Pretty sure I lack all ability to flirt now, but I am still very outspoken.
Answers to BEPCITY’s questions:
1. What is your favorite/go-to item in your wardrobe?
Probably my jeggings, leggings, or skinny jeans. They are perfect to wear with a cute, long top. And yes, I do consider them pants for you haters out there.
2. If you could be on any reality show, which one would it be?
Anthony Bourdain’s “No Reservations”, even though the final season aired last year. I love him and I’d love to show him my hometown!
3. Have you ever had braces?
I had braces in 5th grade to 7th grade! They were absolutely horrible and I also had rubber bands at one point too! I remember the day I got them was the day right after Halloween – horrible timing! About two hours after they put them on, one of the brackets fell off my bottom teeth (they had only put a wire in the top at the first visit). I was so upset and crying because I thought it was my fault, but apparently it happens a lot. In better news, I found out I was getting them off the visit right before the final visit. I feel like most people know months in advance, and it came as a welcomed surprise to me!
4. What was the first CD/cassette you ever purchased?
It was a classical music CD from the bargain bin at Wal-Mart. I’m a nerd.
5. What drink do you order at a restaurant?
Non-Alcoholic: Diet Coke | Alcoholic: Vodka soda or a local beer, if they have it.
6. What kind of camera do you use?
I was using a Canon Elf (I think?) but now I just use my iPhone 5 camera because it’s actually better quality and I can do all the fun Instagram filters and such. I would love a DSLR camera, but I’m poor so that is not happening.
7. If you could change your name to anything what would you choose?
I like my name as it is now, however, in middle school I wanted to be called “Star”. What a weirdo!
8. Do you now or did you ever play on any sports teams?
No sports for me growing up. But I run and spend a lot of time in the gym now.
9. If you formed a band what would your name be and what kind of music would you play?
I love indie-pop-rock music, so the music would probably be like Mumford & Sons or The Avett Brothers. I’m horrible with band names. However, those image capture things you type into so the computer knows you’re human always comes up with some catchy phrases. I’ve always thought those would be good, unique band names.
10. Who was your first celebrity crush?
Pierce Brosnan as James Bond.
11. Do you subscribe to any magazines?
I actually started subscribing to Glamour after my mom had a mysterious subscription to it last year. Ironically, I got a mysterious subscription to large print Reader’s Digest. And the secret subscriptions were sent to different addresses and my address I only lived at for one year. We think the subscriptions got mixed up (she should have gotten the Reader’s Digest, as she’s mid-50s and mid-twenty me should have gotten the Glamour). We asked everyone we knew and still can’t figure out who subscribed us. Anyways, I ended up loving Glamour, so I resubscribed this year!
What I Want to Know!
1. If you could travel anywhere, where would it be and why?
2. What was your favorite subject in school (high school or college)?
3. What is your favorite season – winter, spring, summer, or fall – and why?
4. If you had to pick a “last meal” (sorry to be morbid, I’m a foodie), what would it be?
5. Are you an early morning or late night person?
6. Do you have any pets?
7. Have you ever dyed your hair any crazy colors?
8. Did you have a favorite teacher? Who was it?
9. How many cell phones have you lost?
10. What’s the weirdest thing you’ve ever eaten?
11. Do you have a favorite quote? If so, what is it?
Here are the blogs I’ve nominated! I’ve mostly been frequenting food/thrifting/travel blogs so check these out if any of those topics interest you!
Phew. That was a long post! Hope you’ve enjoyed learning about all my quirks and maybe you’ll find a new blog you just happen to love in my list of awardees!